Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday Zach and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary by going out to...the garage to work on our counter-tops!  HA :)
  Totally romantic I know but I wouldn't have had it any other way. 

When we bought the house, it had yellow faux wood grain laminate counter-tops and back splash - it was just way too much yellow for me!  So of course we ripped them out and started over!  
We  did the first round of counter-top making back in September but for the last month in a half I've only had counter-tops on half of the kitchen.  Sure it's easy access if you need a spoon but we're at the point of annoying now!

So this past week we've formed, packed, poured, polished the other half of the kitchen's counter-tops and with the help of Zach's firemen friends, they'll be installed on Saturday!

In case you're wondering what "do-it-yourself" concrete counter-tops looks like here's a closeup.  I was a little afraid at first because I didn't want my kitchen to look like a driveway but we once we (really Zach...I turned on the water and watched) polished them I was quite happy!  Definitely cheaper than granite!


Next project the back splash!

*Special thanks for my dad for spending countless hours over here helping with this project!!*

No comments: